Vigor AP-710 Wireless Access Point
The DrayTek Vigor AP-710 is a standalone wireless access point, ideal for adding wireless connectivity to an existing LAN, or for expanding the range of an existing wireless LAN by using the WDS features.
As an access point, the Vigor AP-710 connects to your existing ethernet switch or router. Wireless users can then connect to your LAN. You can restrict access to specific devices by locking in their hardware 'MAC address' and if you have a radius server, user access can be further limited requiring unique login using 802.1x authentication (MD5/PEAP mode).
Where you wish to provide wireless access over a larger area, or throughout a larger building, you could install several AP-710's, each wired back to your central network. The AP-710 also supports limited functions within DrayTek's Wireless management system.
In addition, the AP-710 can operate in several other wireless modes:
Access Point - Standard Operation, as described above
Universal Repeater - The AP-710 acts as both a wireless client and access point simultaneously, effectively increasing the range of an existing access point.
Bridge - Using two AP-710's, each connected to a separate wired LAN, a wireless bridge can be formed connecting the two LANs. Ideal where a physical link (cable) isn't possible, for example, across a road.
- IEEE 802.11n / g / b (2.4Ghz)
- LAN Interface : 1 x 10/100 port Ethernet, RJ-45
- Frequency Band 2.4 GHz
- Wireless Encryption : WPA2 Encryption (WEP/WPA also support, but not recommended)
- User Authentication : 802.1x (Requires Radius Server) (MD5/PEAP Modes)
- Repeater/Bridge/Access Point/Station Modes
- Up to four distinct SSIDs
- MAC Address Filtering
- WDS (Wireless Distribution System)
- WMM (Wireless MultiMedia)
- WPS - WiFi Protected Setup
- Wireless Transmit Power : Max 18 ± 1dBm
- Temperature Operation : 0° C to 40° C
- Humidity: 10% to 90 % (Non-condensing)
- Wall Mountable
- Power 12VDC via AC/DC PSU (supplied)
- Warranty : 2 Year Limited RTB